Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Our Summer Trip to California

The first day of July I flew out to California with the kids for a week and a half. We had such a fun time! First of all, the travel with these two kiddos was a total breeze. First time no stroller, no car seat on the plane, no extra carryon. The kids had their own backpacks with toys, activities, snacks, etc... After a few hours on the plane, Jackson said to me... "Mom, I'm tired. I'm going to go to sleep." And he did just that! Too bad next time I'm on a plane I'll be starting all over again. But I did really enjoy having self sufficient kids. 

We stayed at my brother's this time (since my mom now lives here in Florida!) and my kids were in heaven! Playdates from dawn until dusk and beyond! We spent a good many hours swimming in their beautiful pool, jumping on their trampoline, playing video games (we own zero), playing on all their many devices, and having lots of good, quality cousin time. Another highlight may have been toilet papering one night even :)
Of course we spent lots of time with Grandpa!!
We got in several good visits with GG and Gramps. I sure do miss them. Ivy really took to my grandma and was so good about giving her lots of hugs and kisses and snuggles. My grandma even rocked her right to sleep out by the pool one afternoon... Ivy never does that! These two are kindred spirits. 
Nate and Dara always have a big 4th of July party every year and we were lucky to join the festivities this year! The kids had a blast with the poppers and sparklers and enjoyed a nice little firework show. Lots of swimming and amazingly delicious food plus a super fun ladder ball tournament.


We enjoyed the peninsula one afternoon! Got a chance to catch up with my cousin Jill and visit with her three adorable girls (not pictured). Speaking of cousins, my Aunt Sandee had a super fun family night at her house one evening and invited all her kids (my cousins) to come (which they all did) and I loved seeing everyone and all the new babies! Hannah had her baby shower while we were there and I was able to visit with my Grandma Gerry and Aunt Sue and cousin Rachel, too!! I should have taken more pictures!
Due to some last minute travel changes we spent one night in Arizona with my brother, Jeff. The flight from LB to AZ was easy breezy and we had a nice dinner out and a super fun day swimming at his apartment's pool. That is where Ivy turned the corner swimming and because a full fledged swimmer (no more floaties!!)
The flight home from AZ went pretty well even with a layover in dreaded Atlanta. But we finally made it home to our very much missed dad. But we sure do love our trips to California!! Until next summer...

No comments: