Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I have been anticipating Christmas Eve for weeks now. Really, I have been so excited to be Santa's "helper" it's been a little ridiculous. But I was not disappointed. We had such a nice day together today - complete with a full Christmas Eve breakfast spread, a Christmas Eve nap, and a lovely dinner (with a trip to the fishcamp and a kabota ride thrown in of course). Tonight we got Jack in his new Christmas jammies (I got this pair at my baby shower - been waiting a really long time for him to wear them!), read our "Night Before Christmas" book (thanks Heather!) and enjoyed reading Luke 2 for our family scripture study. That tipped the scale for me and really brought the spirit (and the tears, that haven't stopped all night). After little guy was down we set up for Christmas morning (which took about 10 minutes) but was all I wanted it to be! We toasted with Martinelli's settled in to watch our recorded Top Chef and I continued to shed blissful tears feeling so content and happy and blessed and grateful. I truly do live a blessed life and am so so thankful for all I have.
Here is the little guy just before bed.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOODNIGHT!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Jack looks adorable and so grown up! Our babies are growing too fast. Merry Christmas! Miss you!

Erin said...

I just wanted to say I love your tree and all the different ornaments. Everyone I know does the tree that has a color scheme so everything is the same. Your tree is GREAT!