Wednesday, September 14, 2022

The Move!!!

We got back from the Bahamas on Sunday June 12th and after that it was go time!! I had been working the best I could cleaning things out of every room, deciding what to keep, what to save for a garage sale or donate, and what to throw away. It is a long tedious process. But it is also so satisfying to purge. And I purged a lot. 15 years in our house... you tend to collect a lot of junk. 
Anyhow, we decided to have a garage sale on Saturday the 18th. We advertised beforehand and were actually able to sell a lot of our furniture that we weren't taking that week before from interested people who messaged me directly. Daniel wasn't particularly happy when I sold our dresser and had to dump all of our clothes out on our bed. I eventually organized them in laundry baskets but I'm sure you can get a feel for the chaos we were living in leading up to the move. Here's a good picture of what our master bedroom looked like for awhile. It was stressful. But the garage sale was a complete success and what didn't sell was picked up the following Tuesday by the Breast Cancer Foundation of Florida.
After our garage sale, I was feeling very overwhelmed. I still had so much to do ahead of me. So I decided to take the younger kiddos to see a movie... ha! I needed the break. It was worth it. I still got everything done eventually. 
After the garage sale weekend, it was legit moving time. I had already been boxing things up but now that all of our give-away stuff was cleared out we moved forward full steam ahead. We had a small trailer we were loading stuff into and locking up at night. We had our final walk-thru on Wednesday the 22nd with just a few minor things left to take care and received our keys!! Moving day was scheduled for Saturday, the 25th!! We spent the next couple days rolling out carpets and assembling beds while paint got touched up and other items fine-tuned. Then Saturday the 25th was moving day!! 
We spent our very first night in our new house Saturday night. The kids, up to this point, had been doing a lot of complaining about not wanting to go, missing our old house, not wanting to leave the neighborhood (all very valid feelings) but once we moved in, we haven't heard a single complaint. They love it here and we are all so happy!!
Sunday morning, our first wake up in the new house!


The mayflies decided to give us a huge welcome!! That's a fun lake-perk!!

No comments: