Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The Bova Save

Once we returned from the Keys we had 4 days of summer left. I promised the kids we'd go to the Bob Makinson Aquatic Center on one of the days (just a local pool with a slide, a splashpad and a diving board). Well, we were in our suits, all packed up and ready to head out when I got the fateful call from Shanda that they were closed. They had closed early for the season due to Covid. Wow, we were really disappointed about that! Since we were literally walking out the door, we just hopped in the car and went to IHOP for breakfast to give us a chance to reassess our day. After going through all of our options the kids decided that we should just go swim at the Bova's... however, how rude to invite ourselves over to someone else's house, right? I swallowed my pride and shot Kami a text (apologetically inviting ourselves over) and she happily opened her door and pool to us. One thing to understand about the Bova's pool and yard is that it's a wonderland. Really cool slide, jumping platform, diving board, a creek, zipline... I mean, it's such a fun place!! (plus she has the most darling girls that my kids play so well with and of course Jackson didn't mind that one bit either 😉)  She rolled out the red carpet for us. Made us an amazing lunch as well. I sat on the verge of tears most of the day full of gratitude for her kindness and for saving the day for us. The kids still talk about it. I didn't take any pictures, but I did snap this boomerang video so here you go!

No comments: