Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Are you ready for some football...?

We've been doing flag football for years now but it was finally time to make the switch to tackle. Jackson has been wanting to do it for awhile now and I figured if he wants to play in high school he needs a couple years of experience under his belt... so we started Pop Warner this fall! I was a little nervous for Jackson only because, even though I know he was ready for the "contact" of it all, I thought it might be a little shocking - the contact of it all. And, pop warner is a little intense.... we started off with 5 practices a week for 3 hours each day and running hasn't always been Jackson's favorite. But he surprised me by absolutely loving it. And excelling at it. It has been so fun to watch him practice and play!! He plays both offense and defense and he's great at it! Looking forward to the rest of the season. 
Love this kid...
Here is a video of my beast boy... and also his very first kick off! Plus he knocks the guy out of bounds. 




 

No comments: