Thursday, August 13, 2020

A Visit From Grandpa!

We cut it super close, but the night of Benny's Preschool Christmas Program my dad flew in for a visit!! The weather was bad and his plane had to circle quite a bit. I started getting nervous, not sure what to do, but then he landed! We raced back to St. Cloud to walk in as the kids were beginning their first song... couldn't have timed it better!!

Here is the handsome guy in his Sunday best!
He wouldn't leave his tie alone. At least he sang some of the songs.
After the program with both his grandparents! Lucky kid!
The group! Daniel was at work for a special event and Ivy was at her Christmas Actvity Day event.
While my dad was here I let each kid play hooky a day to hang out with and shop with Grandpa! We took him to check out the new safari, we played a lot of cards, he joined us for our 12 Days of Christmas deliveries on the golf cart and he was able to catch everyone's basketball game before he left. We loved having him!!! 

When my dad left, Benny asked me, "Mom, why can't we keep Grandpa?" It was so cute. After I explained that he had to go back to his home he argued,  "But we love him!!!" 
We sure do miss him!!

No comments: