Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Jackson!!

Oh this birthday boy!! His birthday really snuck up on me this year! I was able to steer him away from wanting a reindeer cake (which I explained would look an awful lot like the deer cake I did last year) and toward something else... he decided on a super hero party. That I could handle!!
We had everyone over for cake and ice cream Monday night (the night before his birthday). The cakes and cake pops (also at his request) turned out great! A good time was had by all!
The big birthday boy on his birthday morning! We tried to grant him his every request (phone playing allowed on his birthday, a little batman action in the parking lot at school - just fine!) We stopped by Sip'n Dip on our way to school and picked up donuts for the class. He had his birthday necklace waiting for him and his birthday sign at the door! I was able to go into his class and read to them at the end of the day. The weather was beautiful so I again steered Jackson away from his request to go to Peanut's Playhouse (which we did do later in the week) and went swimming at Grandma Vicky's pool instead! It didn't take much convincing.
 We had also originally planned to go to Medieval Times for his birthday that evening but it had been such a long day I gave him the choice between that or having Austin and Porter come over for pizza and bey blade battles.... Luckily he chose the latter so we were able to have a low key evening at home! We did promise to go to Medieval Times another day!

Happy Birthday Jackson!
You will always have a special place in my heart as my first child who finally made me a mom! You are a sweet, loving boy that has a lot of energy... it's hard keeping up with you! You are always good for a game of soccer or baseball, to play a board game or a card game, to help with dinner or read some books. You love watching movies and shows, you love the phone or tablet, and you always want to stay up at night with mom and dad and love sneaking into bed with us if you wake during the night! You are so smart... already reading and doing math. You tolerate school but never complain about going. You love the park, the beach and riding your bike in the street. You love going fishing and hunting with dad. You are obsessed with guns and shooting things and growling at people. You love to get under Ivy's skin but also are good about playing with her when you're in the mood.  You smother me with kisses at night and always want me to lay with you and tickle your back. You really are all boy - and I'm so glad you are all MY boy!!
Love you so much buddy!

No comments: