Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tricky Sleeping Arrangements

Last night Jackson wanted to sleep in his "big boy" bed. Daniel and I have not even talked about when we wanted to move him from his crib. He is perfectly content in it and we are perfectly content with that but for some reason last night, as we were laying on his bed snuggling and singing "Fairer" (Beautiful Saviour - one of my favorite and most treasured nightly routines) he asked if he could stay and sleep there. I was fine with it, but fully expected him to call for me after a few minutes to put him in his crib. He didn't! He fell asleep! We checked on him before we went to bed and put an assortment of pillows around him just in case he fell off (he tends to flop all over the place at night). When I was up with Ivy at about 3:30 this morning I snuck in to check on him to see how he was fairing and I found him on the floor!! Don't know if he fell off or moved there himself (this morning he said he moved down to the floor himself) but I was amused. I threw some blankets on him and grabbed the camera, of course. How could I resist? And today, after church and lunch, when I went to put him down for his nap and asked him where he wanted to sleep... he said, "the floor!" So we made up a little bed for him on the floor and that is where he is now slumbering (that's the 3rd picture). So funny! Wonder where he'll pick tonight?!


No comments: