Friday, September 14, 2007

The Hogs Loved It...

So after school yesterday I met up with Daniel before I headed home. It was about 4:30 and he said he was starving and asked if I planned on making dinner. He told me he'd be home around 6:30-7:00ish which gave me plenty of time so I told him yes, I'd have plenty of time to make something. So I, being the thoughtful wife that I am, decided I would try and make him something Peruvian because he loves Peruvian food and I just never make it. So I boiled this pot of chicken, corn, potatoes, carrots and onions with an interesting array of seasonings, along with rice, "papas fritas" (french fries) and a fried egg to top it off. Well, in my defense - Daniel didn't get home until 8:30 (the trailor pulling his bobcat got a flat, he had to unload the bobcat, temporarily fix the tire, swap out another trailor, drive back to get the bobcat - it was a disaster for the poor hungry man) so the "stew" reduced quite a bit in the extra hour and a half. When he got home, I dished up his plate - it didn't look that bad - but as I awaited his response I knew it was disasterous. His reply... "It tastes a little bit like soap." Ouch. I made an emergency run to Dairy Queen for some real food, all the while feeling like a total failure in the kitchen. I just cannot do Peruvian! Daniel was as sweet as could be about it, though, and complimented me for my thoughtful efforts. When I saw him after school today I asked him if he still loved me even if I couldn't cook Peruvian and he enthusiastically replied "Of course I do... but the hogs loved it!"

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey, I'm down with Thai food. Let's go next weekend. You talk to Kara and Sam. We never seems to be able to hook up with them.
NOAH

Tiffany said...

I love that story! Especially the "little like soap" comment. You are so cute, Em! We miss you guys and hope to come down in the spring.

sandee said...

I love reading your adventures!! I feel like we are sitting and talking. You are GREAT to still be trying new meals!! Love you both..