Sunday, February 12, 2023

Ivy Goes to the Temple

The start of the new year was truly so wild and crazy! So much was going on (more of that to come in another post) but in the middle of it all I had made an appointment way back in November for everyone to attend a temple session for Ivy and Bowie's first time. It was supposed to be all the eligible kids in the family and their parents plus my mom which was about 20 people. Well, you know what happens to the best laid plans... one thing after another here and there and before we knew it, no one could go. Not even Jackson!! (him for obvious reasons). We thought about just rescheduling for another night but we figured it'd probably happen the next time too so let's just go and do it and be with our girl!! My mom graciously offered to stay home with Jackson and Benny, just to be there if Jackson needed anything (he was fresh home from the hospital at this point) and in case he needed medicine or anything else. And sweetest Sophie still wanted to come even though her parents couldn't. I also had my old college roommate, Molly, in town for a night (I get her every other year in January when she has to come to Orlando for job training, lucky me!!) and she joined us too. So the 5 of us loaded up and went and had the best time together in the temple. It was perfect. I was so glad we went despite the chaos of the week and upcoming weekend. We had a peaceful, beautiful experience and felt so lucky to be there with our girl. We enjoyed Bonefish for dinner afterwards and had a great evening. 




No comments: