Sunday, February 24, 2019

My Big 40th Birthday!!!

Daniel and I decided months ago that we would celebrate my 40th birthday on a cruise. We splurged and did a Disney cruise so the kids could come and enjoy it also. (Cruise post to come!) Well, a couple days before my birthday, Daniel told me not to make plans, that he was taking me out for a special birthday date. He had everything arranged, a babysitter for the kids, dinner for the kids, and as we were pulling away he had to make a quick "pit stop" to look at Charlie's dock (we had been setting fireworks off on his dock on New Years Eve and supposedly wanted to Daniel to take a look - haha - good rouse babe) and as we pull behind the Snider's house, to my complete and total surprise, there were 20 of my best girlfriends and a beautifully arranged dinner table all set for a surprise 40th birthday party FOR ME!!! Eva and Kara had put this all together and I was just blown away!!
It was a favorites party and we ate my favorite food (Carrabbas Chicken Bryan) and then everyone brought 3 of their favorite things and exchanged 2 of them with each other and gave the 3rd to me!! So I left with 20+ items of all of my friends most favorite things... hair products, treats, cosmetics, journals, etc... all kinds of wonderful things!! And as each gift was exchanged, everyone shared their favorite thing about me!! It was a magical night that left me feeling so overwhelmingly grateful for the amazing people in my life and feeling like a million bucks!!!
I cried. A lot. 

No comments: