Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Festivities

The day I have been waiting for will finally be here in 2 days. It seems like I have been anticipating it for a very long time and in a blink of an eye it will all be over! We've had our hands in few Christmas activities around here and here is a recap.

I almost panicked the other night when I realized we had not gone to see Santa! But then I recalled a night waaaay back in November when we stopped by Bass Pro Shops and they had their Christmas area all set up complete with Santa. There was no line and the kids kept going back to sit on his lap to get more candy canes. Luckily I snapped some pictures! Unfortunately they are total ragamuffins. Ivy's hair isn't even done. Bummer.  
The little town of Harmony was having a "Ho Ho Ho, Snow, Snow, Snow" night. Supposedly 30 tons of fake snow was going to be created and the kids could sled down a little slide and whatnot. We were holding out and using it as a big surprise for the kids. This is what we found when we got there: 
 I was not happy and neither were the kids. Nothing that a little ice cream run to 7-11 and a red box of Monster's University can't fix, though!

We tried our hands at gingerbread houses. The kids look super cute, happy and engaged but it was a rough night with a lot of mess and tears. Maybe next year.  

 Jackson had his little Christmas program at school. Can you see him below? Yeah, that's about all I saw of him, too. A little bummed about that but he's still a darn cute little singer and scarf wearer. 


 After gingerbread houses were a failure we still attempted decorating cookies and this was successful! No walls collapsing or roofs caving in. Much, much better.  



We drove through "Light Up the Wild" at Moss Park. I thought it was okay. The kids seemed to really like it. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't quite this. Lots of little lighted figures. 
 And the Sunday before Christmas. My most darling children in their Sunday Christmas best!!!

No comments: