Wednesday, December 7, 2011

California!!

Our trip out to California was FABULOUS!!! Since Daniel and I have been married we have alternated our Christmas's from Florida with his family and mine in California. Since we have the kids now we have decided to stay here for Christmas in order to enjoy it at home. Because it was supposed to be our California year we decided to come our for Thanksgiving instead! I can't quite express how enjoyable this trip was! Jack Jack and I talk about the trip everyday and we miss everyone so much! Here is a run down of the events...


The dreaded 5 hour plane ride was an absolute BREEZE! The kids were awe-some!! It went a little like this: Take off. Ivy slept, Jack and I played. Ivy ate and watched Jack and I play. Jack slept. Ivy slept again. I slept a little. Landing. Really I couldn't have asked for a better scenario.



We stayed at my moms and I'm sure she and my brother Jeff are both missing the sound of feet stomping around at 4:30, 5:30 or 6:30 in the morning :) It took a few days but we finally adjusted to the time difference and I had to keep Jack from waking them both before 8:00. He pretty much stalked my brother (UncJeff) whenever he was home. And would stand at the foot of the stairs calling out "Buster!! (my mom's dog) Gramma!!"


We enjoyed the company of Nate, Dara and their kids most evenings as well since their house is under some reconstruction. Hallee loved little Ivy and loved holding her and helping me bathe her. Jack ran around crazy with Jake and Baylee (it didn't take long for them to reacquaint themselves) and with Uncle Nate.













We enjoyed seeing my dad often as well. He spoiled us by taking us out to breakfast several times and having us over for dinner. Jack Jack really took to his grandpa and shed many tears at our partings.










Thanksgiving day!! It was such a nice evening over at my Aunt Sandee and Uncle Roland's house. They always do such a fabulous job of hosting. The food was delicious but mostly I enjoyed having my whole family there!!











We were able to visit with these two lovebirds several times!! GG and Gramps!! Celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary earlier this year... Incredible, huh!!











You might notice an unfamiliar brunette in a few of these pictures... My brother Jeff got engaged the day before Thanksgiving and so we met Hannah -our soon to be sister in law (or aunt) for the first time and we absolutely love her!!! They make it official April 21st!






It seems like each time we are out we make a trip to the duck pond. It is just so fun for Jack to chase and feed the birds! Plus there is a playground... it's a little dream for this guy. Seems like Daniel and Ivy enjoyed it too.



















I've been itching to see my Grandma Gerry and take a 4 generation picture - and here it is!!! Turned out rather well I'd say!



My super sweet niece, Hallee, had her 10th birthday party while we were there. In fact, she requested to have her party a week early, just so we could attend. They part was so fun! Swimming, tacos, a bouncy slide, trampoline, great weather, family. It doesn't get much better than that!












We ended our little trip with a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.... DISNEYLAND!! Hannah works there and was able to get us in for free! Happy day! And my brother and his family have passes! The day was nice and the park was hardly crowded at all! It was certainly a success!















We miss our California family so much!! But are excited to be back in April!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! I love the pictures, it looks like so much fun. *smooch*