Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh Ivy...

Can't get enough of this sweetest pea!! As I was making dinner tonight, she was rolling and scooting all over the floor, making all kinds of noises and being so cute. I smiled and thought how fun it is to have a baby in our house, how lucky we are!!






This little mama loves her baby food!!


And the exersaucer,



And being outside.


The story behind this one - Jack has been under the weather lately. He's had a pretty nasty cough the last few days and so last night, Daniel gave him a blessing. I had Ivy all ready for bed and set her down with her paci so I could hold Jack while the boys ministered to him. When all was said and done I came to get my perfect little princess and she was asleep. What a dear!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came across your post on having your dd's ears pierced by her ped.

Our ped encouraged me to do and she did it uneventfully in the office. I think you were a smart and thoughtful mommy for piercing your dd's ears now when you can care for them. She'll thank you later.

Admittedly, I know a lot of people have strong feelings when to pierce a child’s ear. “Let them decide” is being replaced by parental decision when mommy intuition knows, “earlier is better” from either personal or friend’s experiences of unpleasant childhood ear piercing.

Congrats on making a thoughtful decision on behalf of your dd's. I think babies with earrings are the cutest things. It celebrates their femininity and femaleness. After all, they are little girls. Our ped encouraged to have our dd done as an infant too. She gave me some tips for "Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

Promise your dd will thank you later for the "gift of pierced ears" as an infant. If you or any mom would like any of our ped’s care tips for infants, then don’t hesitate to write me an e-mail.

amyswor@hotmail.com