Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Happenings...

What has been happening here? The update...




Sick kids. This is NO FUN!!! Jack has had a nasty cough for almost 2 weeks now. He had a rough couple days with a low fever but for the most part, he has been sleeping okay, just sounding really funky. Inevitably, Ivy developed the same sounding cough a few days ago. She has had a higher fever and has not been sleeping well. At all. As in, up 4-5 times a night, for 30-90 minutes at a time. We are talking serious sleep deprivation on my part (and hers!). Anyhow, we all went to the doctor yesterday and she has bronchiolitis and a double ear infection. So sad!! Poor girl!! Jack Jack had a chest x-ray which came back clear - doc said his cough may linger but the infection looks like it's on it's way out. Hopefully Ivy will be back to herself once the antibiotic does it's job. This is exhausting, and hard!! I'm ready to rejoin society again! I'd be completely insane if it weren't for daily Kubota rides and some nice weather that allows us to play outside! I've also realized how lucky I was with Jack as a baby. He was never sick. Ever. Still doesn't get sick very often (has never had an ear infection). I will be so happy when this passes. And they will too!






Happy Anniversary to us!! We celebrated 8 years on Tuesday!! Wow, 8 years, really? Seems so significant!! Time really does go by quickly! We had big plans to leave the kids (Ivy for the first time) and go to dinner but with their sick condition we decided we'd wait until later in the month and we went out together as a family. It was quite the perfect evening with the kids, I must say. They were so good, dinner was delicious and we got ice cream after!




The tag! My little boy loves his blankie and he especially loves the tag on his blankie. I've been awaiting the day it would come off and it finally happened. He was so so so sad but I reassured him I could sew it right back on and I did! Happy boy again!




And here are the two kiddos when we were outside the other evening.



No comments: