Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our 2 Year Old...

Don't let this cute, sweet, adorable face fool you. Our little 2 year old is giving us a run for our money right now.


I'm sure it is a combination of adjusting to life with a little sister - not having all of our attention all the time anymore - and then being a typical feisty two year old.

Some of his tricks these days:

Climbing out of his crib (perfect timing, right?), not just saying "no" but saying "no way!", unlocking the front door and leaving the house because he wants to "go to work", only wanting to "poo poo on the potty" right when I'm laying him down in his crib, thinking up every excuse possible to delay bedtime, and throwing some of the most hideous tantrums ever witnessed by mankind.

I think we've managed most of our issues - we include potty time after we brush teeth, we leave a sippy cup of water in his crib (to avoid the "mommy - water! Mommy! WATER!" over the monitor). We moved his chair away from his bed which is what he was using to break his fall as he launched himself out of his crib - he can escape no longer. So while bedtime isn't the piece of cake it used to be, it's manageable once again.

I was doing some serious thinking the other day about how I can diminished my frazzled moments and I've decided that patience is the key. I need to breathe, remember that my kiddo is just 2, and show him a lot of love and patience. The last couple days, my new mantra has been helpful and I'm hoping things will continue to get easier.













I'm also enjoying the love and adoration my little 2 year old shows towards his little sister - it offsets his trying moments.


3 comments:

Erika Anderson said...

I love his animals lined up next to his feet!

Jill said...

Em! I've been meaning to call you. I remember going through exactly that when I had Gwen. My 2 year old was SO hard and the baby So easy! And now I'm still going through the hard 2 year old phase--I just don't have a new baby this time! I remember it took about a month and things got a little better. Hopefully we can talk soon. Love you!

Niki said...

Love it! I have to remind myself of the love and patience" thing almost every day...2 is a crazy age ;)

Your kids are so cute! Love and miss you!