Sunday, September 21, 2008

More About Baby Munns

We found out, officially, that we were pregnant on July 14th (although we suspected earlier). We spent the following weekend in Daytona Beach and had such a wonderful time thinking about future that was suddenly different. We wanted to wait a little while to tell everyone but we were leaving to go to Utah and California in less than a week and I wanted to announce it to my family in person while we were there. We had originally decided to tell Daniel's family when we got back from California but a timely get-together for Shelly's birthday afforded us the opportunity to announce it then.

We kept it simple and made a card for Shelly for her birthday asking her to share our news with the family. Too bad she couldn't say a single thing because she was crying! Before long, everyone was in tears. And I'm pretty sure I'm in tears right now just typing about it!
Next, we had to announce it to MY family. I made these cute shirts for Jake and Hallee that says, "I'm gonna have a cousin!" Jake didn't want to participate at first but I begged him so he sheepishly walked out with his new shirt on and showed grandma (my mom). After Sam assured everyone it wasn't him expecting a baby everyone was very excited for us. I took this picture of the soon to be cousins just after. Hallee was very excited about her shirt.
I do not know how to work our scanner so this picture of a picture will have to do for now. We had an ultrasound done earlier this week. I'm currently 14 weeks along. It was so fun watching this little baby move around and stretch and actually look like a real baby!! I could've stayed there watching all night.
The ultrasound tech had a guess of what the baby might be... DO YOU??

15 comments:

sandee said...

I LOVE reading your blog......and yes it makes me cry "happy" tears !Keep feeling good ok! Am anxious to see you in a few months.....and I want to buy some "pink" presents (: (sorry Daniel) Love to all 3 of you....

Erika Anderson said...

uhm...its there!

Samantha said...

I vote a boy!!! I don't know why, maybe just because I am in boy mode. I loved reading that post. Love you all!

Lambzann said...

I have no idea how to read these things! I am so happy for you both! I think it might be a boy! YEAHHH!!!!

Boydston Family said...

it looks like a boy to me!!! congrats again.

Heidi said...

I vote BOY!!! What fun! And some dr. let you get a DVD of the sonogram to take home. Ask next time and you can see it move anytime you want!! :o) SSSSOOOOOOO excited!!

Sarah said...

i just heard the news and had to check your blog right away...i'm so excited for you guys! i hope you have a smooth pregnancy and i just know you will be the cutest little mom ever! oh how exciting!!!! just so you know you will probally have the biggest and best baby shower ever, this is big!!!! congratulations you guys, i'm soooo happy for you!

Leah W said...

BOY BOY BOY!!!! Good...i have just the thing!!! I probably need to get started now since i am a johnny come lately...always!

kara jo haught said...

i still wishing for twin girls but i will settle for one...because she will be SO beautiful! I'm sure you will produce a strappingly handsome young man as well!!!

csorrough said...

I love the mastercard commercial & how you broke the news to the family. You know we are so happy for you guys! I added your link to our blog after talking to you today at school. Check us out at littleby-little@blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow, you're going to be a mom. I'm happy for you!!

Tiffany said...

I've got tear just reading about it all! Love you!

Shelly Hyde said...

I love that i was a part of the sharing of the big news. I cant wait to meet this lucky little baby

Lance and Ariel said...

Congrats!! how exciting!! you'll be the best little mom!!

Erin said...

Fern, guess who? I am so excited for you. Congrats. My eyes started to tear as I read your post. So fun! So, how are you feeling? I hope you are well. e-mail me some time erinlwebber@hotmail.com

Miss you!
Ern