Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our Steer Weston

So we recently just had the fair/rodeo/livestock auction here in Osceola County. In fact, while most people around the world take a day off for president's day, we take the Friday before president's day off for the rodeo and call it Rodeo Day. Whatever... as long as I get a day off school I'm happy! We went to the livestock auction last year and bought a hog. This year Daniel wanted a steer and here he is! We are sharing him with 2 other families to cut the cost which is nice... but don't get too attached... he's dinner for the next year!


6 comments:

Jill said...

aw.. what proud owners you are !

Jill said...

Hope it makes some yummy steaks!

tiny said...

You should name him "Dinner" then everyone will know his purpose.

Boydston Family said...

I am going to sick PETA on you. ha ha It sure is pretty, to bad he taste good too!!

MyR said...

This was just funny to me. Mostly because stuff like this would be 'normal' Chris grew up. I hope you bought a TASTY one! :)

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Oh Emily...I never saw you as the cowgirl type, but I am glad that southern living is wearing on you ! He is a cute cow, too bad we eat them. And yes you are spoiled. Several trips to Nasau and a cruise with great friends and family...sounds like fun.