Monday, August 20, 2007

The First Day of School

Well... today was the first offical day of school! I can't believe another school year has started and that this is my 5th school year teaching!! That is wild! I think back to my miserable days as a beginning teacher and I've come a long way since! I think I might actually enjoy it some of the time now! (I think it would be the perfect job if school didn't start at 7:30... maybe 10ish?? I am still not a morning person.) I think what has also helped is that I'm no longer thinking each year will be my last... I'm in it for the long haul and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised! I still firmly believe in my focal point system - make it to the next holiday and the school year will be over before you know it... Labor day is in just 2 weeks!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I bet all the high school boys have a crush on the hot teacher "Mrs. Munns" :)

Amelia said...

Ditto Jill! Love the "Focal Point System." I'll definitely have to start using that one!

MyR said...

Oh the days of being a new teacher. I wouldn't go back to those days for ANYTHING! Isn't it fun to know some of the "tricks" now? I miss teaching sometimes but NEVER at 7:30 in the morning. I know this post was quite awhile ago but look...It's almost break time! :) YIPEEE!!!