Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Best Husband EVER!


So after my first day of school, I was exhausted. I wasn't used to waking up so early, I didn't eat a good lunch and when I got home all I wanted to do was "veg" which is exactly all I did. I got on the computer and then watched TV for the rest of the entire evening. I thought about making dinner, but that's all it was, a mere thought. When Daniel got home a little later - he was absolutely filthy - doing a bobcat job on a piece of property down Old Melbourne Hwy- and he looked more exhausted than I did. And when I ended up opening a can of Chef Boyarde spaghetti for dinner, he didn't make a single complaint (didn't partake of the meal, but didn't complain about it, either). The good man that he is, instead, made his own dinner AND unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it with the overflow of dishes we continually have in our sink and hand washed the 50 pots that wouldn't fit. He insisted that I not lift a finger, which was wonderful and so appreciated (we both equally detest doing the dishes so when he takes the initiative, I'm grateful!). I'm so glad he let me be a lazy bum when I know he wanted to do the same, and probably deserved it more. When I got home today... the first thing I wanted to do was make him dinner! This is how the whole marriage thing works! I am so grateful for mine!

5 comments:

Linnea said...

Can he come over and give my husband some lessons? He is still stuck on the idea that I sit and watch TV all day and can not figure out why some nights, its just cereal...and why I am so darn tired....boy, you got a good one!

abbie said...

emily you are cute and i'm SO glad you have a blog now because this gives me more to read all day long at my BORING job!! hope we can see you guys soon in FL.

Shelly Hyde said...

Emily you are just the woman that man needs... and it sounds like he is the same for you. I love that you oove him so much! And i love you.

Amelia said...

Ain't love grand?

Becca said...

Hi Munns clan... just an old friend of the Munns from Ricks college days! I wen to school with Danial and Jacob at Ricks and then became good friends with spencer Munns in California nad then became good frineds with Kristen in CA. Too... I can't seem to shake the Munns family! you guys are all great!

best of luck to all of you!!!! Glad to have found you!!!!

Becca Dulgarian