Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Surprise Trip To California for the big 70!

My dad turned 70 on April 23rd. I can hardly believe it!! 70 sounds so old yet my dad seems so young!! Jeff and I conspired together to surprise him to celebrate. It was so fun!! Jeff drove in Thursday night and picked me up from the airport the next day around noon. With the help of my dad's girlfriend, Wendy, we surprised him with an afternoon bike ride along the beach. She pulled it off perfectly. The day was beautiful and it was a gorgeous ride. We walked the Huntington Beach Pier a bit before biking back. We took a minute to freshened up and then all met up with Sam, Jamie and Nova for a sushi dinner. It was so fun to be together. After dinner we grabbed some classic Thrifty flavored ice cream from Rite-Aid and watched the Dodger game together. The only thing that could have made the day more perfect was if the Dodger's had won. Jeff and I stayed the night at Nate & Dara's (who were out of town for Baylee's soccer, sad to have missed them!) and Jeff and I roomed together in Hallee's room... it was so fun!! (Thanks Hallee!!) We met up the next morning for breakfast together and I got some really nice Nova time!! Then Jeff dropped me off at the airport as he headed home! (We raced home actually, and he ended up winning by a slim 45 second margin... just so you know it takes as long to fly home to Florida from LA than it does to drive home to Arizona!) It was a quick trip but well worth it. Can't wait to cook up something fun for his 80th birthday. 

Happy Birthday dad!! Love you so much!!
The weekend before I came out my Aunt Sandee had family dinner at her house and surprised my dad with this adorable Dodger cake. Thought it was fitting to include in his birthday post!

No comments: