Thursday, April 1, 2021

St. Louis

Just call me a traveling fool!! I spent February going here and going there!! So nice to be able to leave and let Daniel hold down the fort while I'm gone! On this particular weekend I was able to go to St. Louis for Molly's wedding!! I had been out to see her the end of 2019 after her first husband passed away and now I was able to travel back for her wedding to Rich!! It was such a fun weekend!!

Airport selfie!
First highlight.... I got to see EMREE!!! She's serving her mission in St. Louis and was transferred the week before to a suburb 20 minutes from the airport... it was definitely meant to be! She received permission from her mission president for me to take her and her companion out to dinner. We met at Outback and had the most wonderful visit!! She comes home in July, right around the corner!! She looked so good and was so happy. Oh how I love her!!

The rest of the weekend I was in wedding mode! I got in late Thursday night and Friday we spent running last minute errands for the wedding. The wedding was at a little Air B&B which was nice because all the girls stayed Friday night at the place the wedding would be the next day. We went to a delicious dinner that night and partied like girls at a sleepover, woohoo!! The next morning we were already there so we just had to get things ready and get ready ourselves! It was so fun. I helped with the charcutterie board (wish I had taken a picture of that, darn!) and curled a lot of people's hair. It really was just so fun. The ceremony was perfect and beautiful and Molly was so so happy! I stayed Saturday night with her girls at their house and flew home Sunday. It was a perfect trip to celebrate my friend. 
haha, also, children everywhere are EXACTLY THE SAME. So if you think I was getting away from my kids, I wasn't. Because I was with a bunch of children who acted pretty much exactly the same as my own kids so I didn't skip a beat... complete with finding random selfies on my phone later!! haha!!

No comments: