Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Birthday Boy!!!

Yay!! Benny is our birthday boy!! This birthday was bittersweet for me. I would say that my favorite age of all the kids so far has been 3. 3 is so fun. They are sliding out of the baby stage, can be a little more reasonable, a little more flexible, easier to take places. Yet they are still little guys that say cute, funny things, and are still so loveable, snuggly and babyish. It's the best of both worlds really. So I'm super excited to have another 3 year old. In fact, I distinctly remember when I was pregnant with Benny, Ivy was 3. And I loved it. She was the cutest 3 year old. And I remember thinking that in 3 more years I would have another one... lucky me. But here it is... and here I am... with my last 3 year old. So I'm a little sad that he's the last 3 year old I will enjoy. Anyhow...  back to my boy!

Traditional birthday hat picutres and birthday shows and snuggles in bed. 

  He helped decorate his cupcakes with all my other helpers. I love how this pictures catches our elf, Christopher Popinkins in the top left corner. 
 Then we took the birthday boy to Wawa for a donut and sizzlies. 

 Back to the house to get ready for the party!! Nemo cake at his very specific request. 
 Lots of cuzzie time. 
 With Uncle Jordan, the other birthday boy!!
 Opening lots of presents!!
After party afternoon snuggles with mom in bed (trying to coax a birthday nap out of him but didn't have any luck... naps are hit and miss these days).
 Afternoon play time!! (It was chilly! Put a read damper on our pool party!)
 And that's a wrap!! I was hoping he'd fall asleep in my bed so I could snuggle him before I went to bed. Got my fill!!
 Figured now would be a good time to throw in this handsome picture. The day after his birthday at church. The only one of my 3 children that would let me take a picture that afternoon. 
 For his birthday Daniel made Benny a sandbox. It's nice having a handy husband. And this sandbox is loved by all!! Gets some real good use around here!

No comments: