Monday, August 15, 2016

Our Fantastic Trip to California! June 2016

This summer has been a complete whirlwind! And undoubtedly one of the best summers we've ever had! It started with a 10 day trip out to California and our visit was fantastic!

Traveling isn't always easy with a busy little 18 month old but we had a direct flight out and we made it! Took a couple days to adjust to the time difference but little Benny was a champ. He took great naps and the older kids are pretty resilient so it didn't slow us down! 
 We arrive about 30 minutes early but were unable to get into our gate because the plane that was there was delayed. So we spent an hour and a half in the plane, landed and waiting.... needless to say it was the worst part of the trip. 
 My sweet sleeping Boo.
 The kids sure missed this uncle!! Luckily we saw him lots and caught right up!!
 We stayed most of the time with my dad and enjoyed the pool and hot tub every day! We also enjoyed sleepovers with Baylee and Jake over at grandpa's and mimi's several nights. Between the swimming, the sleepovers, the mass amounts of ice cream and Popsicles and America Ninja Warrior my kids were in heaven.
 Jake, Baylee and Hallee weren't the only cousins we caught up with! Sweet little Shay-Shay came out from Arizona to see us!! These two babes were as cute as could be and little Shaylee bullied my kids around like it was just another day! We miss her already!
 Mandatory naps for these 2!!! 
 We had the best surprise while we were there... Daniel came for the weekend!!! It was sure nice having our dad with us! We made sure to eat some delicious food to celebrate!
 Benny enjoyed a lot of love from his cousins, especially Hallee!
 Nate and Dara hosted a slew of BBQ's with swimming, games, dessert and family while we were there. I was able to visit this sweet cousin of mine. I miss her!!
And it was so nice being with all my tall, handsome brothers!
 It's tradition to visit the duck pond! All my babies have loved it and Benny is no exception!
 I was able to celebrate Jill's birthday with my sweet Aunt and my sister in laws learning how to make some delicious pasta! My aunt treated us all to a fun class and we really had a nice time visiting and eating!! (2 things I really love to do) 
 The kids and I took a trip down south to stay with my Aunt Sue for a night and visit with my sweet Grandma Gerry. It was really nice to see her and hug her and spend time with all of them. I saw a couple of my cousins that I hadn't seen in a while and my kids enjoyed playing with some new cousins!!
 We enjoyed a day at the bay!
Perfect little napping baby doll. 
 We watched one of Uncle Sam's softball games while we were there which was fun!
 And here we are... back on the plane headed home!

I'm really kicking myself for not getting a picture of me and the kids with my dear Grandma Fernley (our GG!) We were able to visit with her a few times which was nice. Daniel and I spent a few hours with her on Sunday afternoon, just chatting and catching up. It was so good to see her. Jackson brought home Gramp's singing bass and Ivy some of GG's jewelry. It makes me smile hearing that blasted fish sing because I think of my dear sweet Grandpa that we miss so much. We sure love our annual trip to California and are already looking forward to the next one!

No comments: