Sunday, May 8, 2016

My most special Mother's day

A year ago today I had just flown back to Florida from my extended stay in California because Boo was in the hospital after have multiple seizures. I enjoyed my Mother's Day events with my babies just a little bit more this year because I had to miss them last year. As I reflect, I have so much to be grateful for. Boo received excellent care in the hospital that week, and I did too! I am so thankful that Boo has been seizure free for an entire year now! I am so grateful I am a mother and have the opportunity to stay at home to raise them up. It's a hard job but the easy days outnumber the hard and the happy days outnumber the sad.   

My little Spa Technician really spoiled me. I enjoyed a nice massage (including far too many applications of lotion), got my make-up done, my hair done and my nails done! She showered me with adorable homemade presents (the best) and we went to lunch after. 




This kid put on an excellent Mother's Day program, complete with singing songs and reciting poems. We watched a super cute slideshow and enjoyed a delicious brunch! He is the best!




This little rascal gives me smiles all day long, what more could I ask for?
My Mother's Day morning started off with breakfast in bed and then a mad dash to get ready for church in time! Snapped this quick pic on the ride there! 
 We stopped by my mom's after our church and before hers and then spent the evening together for dinner. I am so so glad she is here with me in Florida. I love having her in my everyday life and an active part of my kids lives. She babysits when I need, she is the best errand partner, she comes to the kids games when she isn't working, she is the best. I am truly blessed. 

No comments: