Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Big Birthday Boy is 7!

Jackson turned 7 last month. I miss the tiny little tot he used to be but I am really enjoying the kid he is now. He is older and more capable. He is so helpful. He is smart and witty. He is fun to talk to and be around. I enjoy our conversations. He makes me a proud mama again and again and I love being his mom. 
2 stories to share about this kid. First one happened the other night. Daniel called. It's the 2nd to last day of the month and he hadn't been able to finish his home teaching. Could I run Jackson over to the Mortensens so he could complete it for him? And he did!! He prepared a little lesson, we went over everything he should do and he did it! (I stayed in the car with the kids... he went all by himself.) Such a good little buddy! 
Second Story... He couldn't find his blankie before bed the other night (this was a few weeks ago). I was doing lashes at the time and couldn't help him look and was getting annoyed that he kept coming out of bed. I sternly cautioned him to get to bed and don't come out again or else!! He could use another blankie in the mean time. A short while later he slowly comes creeping out again, blankie in hand, tears in his eyes. He said he had gone back to his room and said a prayer that Heavenly Father would help him find his blankie. He said he heard a voice (Jesus' voice) tell him to get back into bed like his mom told him. So he climbed back into bed. He stretched his legs out under his covers and felt something comfy cozy on his feet... it was his blankie! Right there hiding in his bed. It was such a sweet moment... this boy needed help, said a prayer and received an answer. I couldn't be a happier mama. 
 Birthday hat in the morning! Followed by breakfast in bed and presents!
 I took him out of school a little early (it was Friday!) got a sitter for Benny until Daniel got home and took the kids to Disney! We met up with the Haughts and closed the park down! 
 The next day was his party... boys only fishing tournament then back to our house for pizza, cake and ice cream. We went out to dinner that night, his choice, Buffet City of course. And I think we can call it a huge birthday success!! 

No comments: