Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happiest 6th Birthday Jackson!!

Wait, what? My little baby boy turned 6? I can hardly believe that 6 years ago we had this beautiful boy of ours. 6 years seems like a lot of time and yet it has just quickly passed us by! I am so lucky to have him for my son. He is funny and smart. He is an excellent helper... willing to fetch me anything at anytime, hold Benny, give him his paci, cheer him up. He helps me in the kitchen with any task, he vacuums, he picks up. He is a rule follower and an honest little boy. He is a good little reader. A pokemon lover. A phone or tablet game player. A martial arts competitor. He loves his cousins, he loves sleepovers and playdates. He is his dads right hand man - and a rat ranch worker. He is a pesky brother to his sis, always riling her up. He is the best at delaying bedtime, gives the best kisses and is the perfect boy for us. 
 Breakfast in (our) bed for the birthday boy. He asked for the exact same breakfast we made for Daniel 3 days earlier which was eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy. He has asked for biscuits and gravy for breakfast several times since... this boy is a fan!
 I was lucky enough to have lunch with Jackson at his school. Chimentos at his request. We spent most of the time practicing his karate combinations with Benny (more on that later). 
 He was spoiled in class, too. 
 I love planning birthday parties. But I have to admit, this one crept up on me! No fancy invitations, decorations, or cake pops. Just some balloons, homemade ice cream, a "car" cake (which was pretty awful looking but that Jackson loved, which is all that mattered) and all of his cousins. He was a happy boy which made me a happy mama.
 I love looking back and my birthday boy pics.
 Jackson requested the pirates dinner show for his birthday. Daniel rounded up some free tickets (luckily... would have hated to pay for that!) and off we went... each one got to invite a friend. I thought the show was pretty awful but the kids loved it! 

No comments: