Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas Programs, Ballet Recitals and Ice Skating!


Ivy had her class Christmas program 2 days after Bennett was born (another reason I would have liked to have had him a week earlier). Anyhow, I was NOT going to miss my sweet little girl sing! So we went and my mom came along and sat in the car with Benny while we snuck in and watched her class sing and then we grabbed her and left! Was it worth the trouble? I'm not sure... they only sang 3 songs and lasted about 5 minutes but she was absolutely adorable and the cutest one on stage!!

Next up... Ivy's ballet recital!! It was the nutcracker and the whole thing was about 20 minutes... Ivy's performance lasting about 1 minute of those 20. It was awfully cute, though and she was, again, the cutest of them all! This was the Saturday after Benny was born and I was kind of in rough shape. My milk had come in and I was pretty emotional - in fact, I lost it because when we arrived (I had missed their dress rehearsal because it was the evening we came home from the hospital) so I didn't know we needed to bring our own chairs. And upon arriving it was brought to my attention that you're supposed to get your ballerina flowers. Luckily, Shanda came to the rescue and plucked me out a couple flowers from her bouquet for Sophie and Ivy was thrilled. I'm sure my 3 year old really wouldn't have cared to miss either her school or ballet performance or cared if I missed them. But there was just something in me that had to be there. Something about being a mom and just living for these kinds of things!! After all was said and done I was glad I made both but also glad that they were both over! After that I decided to take it easy and let myself recover.
For some reason, this kiddo didn't have any Christmas programs going on. Thank goodness!! The only thing I missed was chaperoning his ice skating field trip. He still went and loved it. I would have loved to see him ice skate, that's for sure! But I had to draw the line somewhere, right? Can't really ice skate with a 2 day old! He was pretty cute in all his "winter" gear!

No comments: