Friday, June 13, 2014

The End of Baseball, the End of Playschool

The end of May brought the end of a couple of things I was sad to see go. First, Jackson's baseball season ended. Overall, it was a good year and a good experience for Jackson. He was, however, happy when it was over. I really enjoyed watching his practices once a week and his games each Saturday. His coaches pitched to all the boys and they really weren't too bad! My only complaint is that Jackson didn't get to play all the positions. I was looking forward to the game he'd play 1st base and he never did :( This irked me a little bit because there were several boys who played the position several times. But whatever... I didn't want to be "that" parent. His last practice was a water balloon day so it ended on a very good note for him. He was really excited about his trophy and they had an end of the year party so the boy was really happy! Not sure if we'll see baseball come in the rotation again but you never know!
 And this little "graduate" finished Playschool! This was one of the best things we did this school year. Ivy and the girls absolutely LOVED Playschool. And let's be honest. I absolutely loved playschool. 1 day a week I was kid free for a few hours and Ivy was happy as a clam playing at one of her favorites places.... total win/win!!  And on my very last day that I hosted I dressed the girls in Jackson's graduation gown and took pictures. We also made our own graduation caps as our craft. Ivy has shed many tears because she won't have playschool next year... hopefully preschool for 2 days of the week will suffice?



No comments: