Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Little Pup!



The weather here is pretty hot and humid but I have found several evenings that have been quite pleasant in the shade in our backyard. Can you guess one of Jack's favorite backyard activities? We were outside the other night and he would pop his head out of the doggie door with the cutest, most satisfying look on his face (pictured above). Daniel, luckily, caught it on camera for you to enjoy as well!
I truly enjoy every moment of my day with him. I have not forgotten that just 2 years ago I would have been at work today. I am so lucky! And today we had so much fun together! I loved watching him as we snuggled in bed this morning, watching his shows. I loved watching him line up all of his animals, sometimes offering a kiss to one here and there, in our family room before breakfast. I loved his help disassembling our trundle bed (it has found a new home at the fishcamp - and now gives me a new project - turning the yellow room into Jackson's new bedroom). I loved sharing my bowl of cereal with him (a little pre-naptime tradition of ours) and hearing him excitedly say "all done" when the last bite was gone. I loved the ease of putting him down for his nap, and listening to him talk to his animals over the monitor as he fell asleep. (I loved the 2 hours I had today to read, rearrange and reorganize while he slept!) I loved watching him walk around the house after his nap munching on a string cheese and toting his sippy cup. I loved loved loved our pool time today. We were the only ones there and today Jack finally ventured in the pool on his own with his floatie! So I was able to swim free as a bird while he floated around himself. We went down the slide together and swam all around, it was wonderful. I loved reading books to him this afternoon after our swim. He is finally at the stage where he will sit and listen more than he wants to turn pages! I love watching him learn and grow. He understands soooo much I truly think he is a genius baby (not really - but you know what I mean!) I loved feeding him dinner tonight because every single bite he took was a tiger bite! I loved playing "ball ball" (basketball) with him on the back porch tonight. I loved watching him chase Cocoa all over the backyard and hearing his squealing laugh as he fell and Cocoa showered him with yummy kisses. I loved bathing every single last part of that cute baby body that is all mine! I loved capping the night off with our snuggle time on the couch as he watched his nightly show. And I loved our simple "night night" routine that ends in kisses from my favorite, most precious little boy. And I love sitting here, recapping, thinking about my perfect day with my perfect kid and I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Cute!!!

sandee said...

What a great post !! ....and you deserve EVERY bit of that wonderful day !!

Leah W said...

so darling em...probably my favorite post of all.....loved it!
love you....love jack...okay i love daniel too!