Sunday, August 12, 2018

Summertime 2018

This summer went by WAY too fast.... as it always does. But we packed in quite a bit and I feel content about everything we were able to do! Here are a few highlights:

Kids bowl free all summer long! So we bowled!!!
 I had to hear complaints about this all summer but I needed it for my sanity... summer chores. Making beds, cleaning rooms, reading, school work and piano practicing. Everyday.  
Twinning with my girl. Not so much a summer activity, but church going always is. 
Errands with Sophi while Jackson went to Cub Scout Day Camp!
 Father's Day weekend Daniel wanted to go down to Jupiter to offshore fish. After an hour delay on the turnpike to fix a flat tire on the trailer in the pouring rain, we made it. 
This was one of my favorite summer activities.... POTTY TRAINING!!! I was nervous because this kid really didn't want to potty train and I was expecting the worst. All in vain, though, because he potty trained like a champ!!! Super easy! He loved putting stickers on his chart and getting his candy. We had to work into wearing undies but he does now and he doesn't even wear a pull-up at night!! Crazy!! 
Also to mention. When we got back from California, since he was already sleeping in a regular bed with me while we were there we decided to just (finally) move him out of his crib into his big boy bed.... and even a new room. We switched our office and his "nursery" which  has always been the sitting room off our master and now he officially has a regular bedroom and big bed! Up next... getting rid of that Paci!!
We went to Steinhatchee to scallop this year. We loved it!! A little further drive but we had a great time!
The following weekend... Crystal River... our usual scalloping spot. It didn't disappoint. Jackson fished as usual, catching 4 sharks this year!
 Sometimes a trip to the park with friends and cousins is all it takes to make an afternoon fun!
 July 11th... 7/11... Free Slurpee Day!
Beach trips... no so well documented but this boy insists I take a picture every time he catches a fish... even if it is the tiniest fish ever. 
These Daddy-Daughter dates are getting a little out of hand if you ask me. But if Ivy asks, Daniel obliges. They do dinner, matching shirts and dessert!!
 And I just take the boys to Chick-fil-A.
One of my favorite summer activities all year... The Orlando Science Center. We get there when it opens and we don't leave until they close and my kids are perfectly and happily entertained the entire time. So much to do, so much to see! They have their favorite exhibits and then there is always something new. We love it! Kids were so good I even let them pick something from the gift shop!!

No comments: