Tuesday, November 3, 2015

HALLOWEEN 2015!!

We painted pumpkins for Family Home Evening this year. It was a combination of Walmart not having any pumpkins and a mom fail because I refuse to drive all over town (I'm a one stop kind of gal). The kids were really good sports and still enjoyed it. 
 Our next Halloween event was our church's Trunk-or-Treat. Ivy was a spooky ghost and even won a prize at the costume contest! Next up a vampire and finally our cutest clown!
 Ivy couldn't wear her ghost costume to her storybook parade at school (too scary!) so after options like Princess Elsa, a ballerina, a fairy she decided on a bat! Of course. 
Jackson had to be a Dr. Seuss character for his school parade. After carefully examining all of his options (looking through each Dr. Seuss book we own) he decided (maybe with a little encouragement from me) on the GOX. "I box my Gox in yellow box Gox socks"
 Halloween Night! I really enjoy trick-or-treating on our street. It's a perfect distance, perfect amount of houses, right amount of time, great group of trick-or-treaters! The Pratts always  make sure it's done right with a hay ride! This year, complete with lights!
Before we met up with everyone at the Pratt's at 6:30 I sent the kids across the street and down the few houses on our end of the street first. I watched them from our driveway while I let Boo get a little more sleep. I absolutely loved watching their costumes billow behind them as they walked together from house to house. And I just felt overwhelmingly grateful for these little people of mine. They bring me so much joy and happiness. Stuff like this is so fun - for them yes - but maybe more for me. I am such a lucky mama!

No comments: