Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I can't believe I have only 1 lousy post for November. That is no good! I really try and post at least 3 times a month. Maybe I can make up for it in December. I will try.

Thanksgiving day was very nice. We were originally going to have Thanksgiving dinner at our house but since my mom had to fly out to California to be with my grandma Gerry (who just had surgery on her broken hip) I knew I didn't want to cook everything for just us. So we joined Collin and Christine who were having dinner at their house with some of Christine's family. We did cook the turkey and made the mashed potatoes and gravy so I felt we were significant contributors!! Her are a few pictures from the day. I never snagged a family picture, unfortunately, but the kids smiled for me, sort of. 
 Here is the kids table!
 The Thanksgiving spread with people you don't know (except Daniel)
 I got to snuggle this sweet boy most of the night. My little nephew Maverick is not even 2 months and has given me baby fever. Like bad. 
 But with kids as cute as these... who wouldn't want another one??

 Yep... that's my pathetic Thanksgiving post. 

On a thanksgiving kind of note... I do want to say that I have so much to be thankful for. We really are a blessed family in so many ways. Blessed to be parents, blessed with 2 sweet kids. A large and wonderful extended family... near and far. A beautiful home, with comfy beds, food in the fridge and lots of luxuries we take for granted. We have good health, friends, and the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. We are lucky and happy and grateful :)  

No comments: